Monday, September 26, 2011

Interview with Guitarist Asaf Rodeh



Asaf Rodeh is a guitarist and music producer, playing for artists like Melinda Ortner and Mika Ben-Yami, and just added to the list is David Archuleta. Asaf just recently joined David's band, and took the time to do this interview with me. Get to know Asaf and get a glimpse of what he's going to bring to the "Archuband" while touring with David.






1. It was recently made known that you’ve been added to David Archuleta’s band, or the “Archuband”, as fans like to call it. How did this gig come about?
I auditioned for the band a few months ago, kept in touch with them and a few weeks ago got called to join the band.

Credit to I Be TinaB on flickr
2. How was your first full show with David at the Arizona concert?
The show was awesome!! It's really fun to play with David, he's an amazing artist and the nicest guy I've met. The band is great and the fans were amazing!

3. How long have you been playing the guitar?
Hard for me to believe but I started playing almost 19 years ago. I was 11 years old.

4. When was the first time you performed in front of an audience?
My first show was at some kind of a boy scout event. I was playing for probably a year at the time so I had to make it look like I knew what I was doing. Very soon after that I started playing with different bands.

5. What other gigs/projects have you had before playing for David?
Besides being a guitar player I'm also a music producer and recently finished working on an album for a cool new artist called Melinda Ortner (https://www.facebook.com/melindaortnermusic), Another great artist I play with is Mika Ben-Yami, http://mikabenyami.com, which also happens to be my beautiful girlfriend:)

6. How is working solo different from working with a band?
I always feel that working solo is more challenging and demanding both technically and as a performer, where It's your full responsibility and there's no band to "hide" behind. On the other hand it's always amazing to create something with other people, where each person brings something and you create something together.

7. Which do you prefer playing, acoustic or electric?
I love both! It would be really hard to choose if I had to. I love how warm and organic an acoustic guitar is, but then not a lot of things can beat plugging in the electric and rocking out!

8. What kind of music/musicians inspire you?
Too many to name... I find inspiration in many styles and musicians, regardless of the style, I'm always looking for that truth in music that is not easy to find yet you can't ignore.

9. What are words you live by?
Honesty, Integrity, Hard work

10. What are your plans for the future?
For the near future I hope to get to tour a lot with David and his band. Besides I hope to stay lucky and keep making a living producing and playing music for many years!

11. Where can people keep up with you? Website, Facebook, Twitter?
Website: http://asafrodeh.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=635037577
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AsafRodeh
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Asafrog

12. Do you have a message to the Archie fans who are now supporting you?
Keep being awesome!


Thanks again to Asaf for taking the time to do this interview, and I look forward to seeing more of you in David's band, as well as your other projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment