Monday, October 31, 2011

My Top 10 Picks for Halloween Songs

Whether it's a spooky beat, terrifying lyrics or a spine-chilling melody, today I'm sharing with you my Top 10 Halloween song picks!

10. Time Warp - The Rocky Horror Glee Show cast
The original "Time Warp" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show is good, but this chilling rock song performed by the cast of Glee is even better!


9. Shot in the Dark - Big Time Rush
Maybe this is just favoritism here, but am I the only one who sees Big Time Rush's "Shot in the Dark" as a Halloween-ish song? With the spooky, pop music and supernatural setting, this song from the episode "Big Time Terror" is just haunting enough to be on my list!


8. Monster - Lady GaGa
While searching for new Halloween-esque songs, I thought for sure Lady GaGa would have one worthy of the holiday. And I was right when I found this perfect pop potion, "Monster".


7. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Writings on the wall and ladders 'bout to fall? I think this haunting Stevie Wonder song classifies as a Halloween tune.


6. The Addams Family theme song
*snap snap* The mixture of humor and haunt in this classic theme song makes for another Halloween hit.


5. Ghostbusters theme song
This song may not be horrifying or bloodcurdling, but the Ghostbusters is just another one of those Halloween necessities.


4. This Is Halloween - Marilyn Manson (From The Nightmare Before Christmas
This song is a trick and a treat for the holiday. From The Nightmare Before Christmas, the title of this song makes it pretty self-explanatory, this IS Halloween!


3. 'Halloween' movie theme song
The theme to the Halloween movies just always says Halloween to me. It's been a tradition for me to always watch these movies on Halloween, and this eerie melody just symbolizes Halloween for me.


2. The Monster Mash - Bobby "Boris" Pickett
Another Halloween classic, this fun and upbeat song is definitely a graveyard smash!


1. Thriller - Michael Jackson
Are you surprised? This song and music video is another one that's become a tradition for me, watching it every Halloween. Between the creepy video and the haunting, upbeat music, this song will get you moving and get you fearing! This Michael Jackson hit will always be a thrilling Halloween anthem.


Those are my Top 10 picks for your Halloween playlist! Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment