Saturday, April 2, 2011

Concert Review: David Archuleta - Summer Tour 2009

Throughout the summer of 2009, David Archuleta embarked on a nationwide tour with pop star Demi Lovato, and his opening song was "Touch My Hand". I had only seen him sing this song live once before, and when I went to the concert in Boston, and it changed the song for me.

The whole arena was overcome by darkness, the only thing visible being the flickering lights from cameras. There was a loud heartbeat blasting through the speakers, and you could feel the excitement of the crowd as the energy emphasized with every thump of the heart. Suddenly, David's large silhouette appeared through the curtain, the only thing separating him and the audience. As the music began, the curtain dropped, revealing a smiling David as he started singing "Touch My Hand".

Everyone's excitement was obvious in the atmosphere as David's passion for music came shining through the song. Each time he would touch someone's hand while he sang, you could really see his connection to the music and the audience. That moment, I realized how truly special that song and performance was.


Can't let the music stop, Can't let this feeling end, Cause if I do it'll all be over, I'll never get the chance again

Seeing David perform live is something everyone should experience. The feeling and deep emotion he brings out through his music and to the audience is indescribable. The way I'm describing it is only an understatement compared to the actual thing, and I can't wait to see David perform live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment