Saturday, October 15, 2011

Song Review: Lady GaGa - You And I

I may be a little late to the party, but I just heard this song for the first time today, and I have to say, I loved it from the first few seconds I heard of it.

Is it a little bit country, or a little bit rock 'n roll? Well, this song seems to be a little bit of both! Unlike her dance-floor, electronic pop songs we're all used to, "You And I" brings a new sound to Lady GaGa's music and voice. This retro ballad is refreshing compared to most of her other singles, and her voice holds a certain realness in it as she sings out in a husky, yet strong way that fits this song perfectly.


This song has a catchy and feel good beat with lyrics that tell a story and show off a less "monstrous" side of Lady GaGa. As intrigued as I am by the outrageous side of her, I'd love to see this side of her more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment