Friday, November 18, 2011

‎5 days, 5 artists, 5 songs! Day 5: Top 5 - Michael Jackson

All week I've given you my Top 5 songs from Port Chuck, Big Time Rush, Demi Lovato and David Archuleta. Now here are my Top 5 from who I consider the #1 artist, Michael Jackson. Though I didn't become a fan until it was far too late, I've become greatly inspired over the last two years by MJ's music and am always happy to treat myself to some of his musical perfection and longevity. Now here are my Top 5 songs by the one and only, Michael Jackson.

"You Are Not Alone"
This sweet and emotional ballad is one of my favorites from MJ. With the touching lyrics and hypnotizing beat, this song is one of his best. And if you skip to 4:27 of the video you'll see even more why this song is amazing.


"Black or White"
This amicable pop song not only has a great message, but showcases Michael's creativity. The music video has a moving theme (along with some great dancing!) and really makes you think and feel what Michael is trying to get across.

Credit to MichaelJacksonVEVO

"Human Nature"
With it's affective lyrics and catchy melody, "Human Nature" is another one of those songs that makes you think, as well as showcasing a purity to Michael's voice that only a few songs have. This song seemed to stand out to me when hearing it on the radio the day he passed, and has since become one of my favorites.

Credit to MJwalker111

"Man in the Mirror"
"Man in the Mirror" has been one of my favorites since the beginning, always playing that music video over and over. Not only do I love the message in the song, but the video too is inspiring. Also showing MJ's sweet caring nature, this song shows everything that was to love about him.


"Thriller"
In my opinion, "Thriller" will always be one of the best known songs from Michael, and though it's not my favorite, considering the song's feedback, I know this is one of the best. Whether it's on Halloween or at a dance party, "Thriller" is a song that gets you moving, especially if you know that signature dance! With a creative video and a catchy beat, this is definitely the #1 Michael Jackson song.


Honorable mention: "The Way You Make Me Feel"
You didn't think I was only choosing 5 did you? How could you with so many MJ hits? "The Way You Make Me Feel" holds another one of those famous MJ beats. This pop love song shows Michael's great voice in a tune that will definitely have you dancing!

Credit to MichaelJacksonVEVO

I hope everyone has enjoyed my Top 5 week! Hopefully I've either pegged your musical taste right on the money or have introduced you to new music by these five great, inspirational and always enjoyable artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment