Saturday, November 26, 2011

Interview with Jeff LeBlanc


Jeff Leblanc is a pop/rock musician from New York who has toured with big artists such as Matt Nathanson, Ingrid Michaelson and Lee DeWyze. Now he's adding David Archuleta to that list, as he'll be opening for David on his My Kind of Christmas Tour this December. I've been able to ask Jeff about his music, David and the Archie fans and what it's like to be compared to John Mayer.




What age did you begin music?
I actually started pretty late compared to most. I had always lived and breathed for music and had always been around it growing up. However, I didn't pick up a guitar until I was a senior in high school. I finally mustered the courage to sing in front of people shortly after and the rest is history I suppose...

What’s your favorite song to perform off of your EP Worth Holding On To?
I love playing them all! Although, "What Do You Got To Lose" is really fun to play live because it usually turns into a fun jam at the end!

What inspires you to write songs?
Everything! I'd certainly say the theme of the new album is "heart."  There's quite a few relationship songs; break-ups, make-ups and everything in between. I'm also a very nostalgic person so there's a bunch of songs discussing growing up, old friendships and getting older.

People have compared you to John Mayer, what is that like?
It's a double-edged sword. I've grown up on John's music and he continues to be one of my favorite artists; it's an honor to be compared to him. However, I certainly want to maintain my own identity as a musician.

Are you excited to be opening for David Archuleta on his Christmas tour this year?
Yes! David is an amazing artist and I've been following him for years. This is really going to be an awesome tour...

Who are your musical influences?
The list is endless. I live for any and all kinds of music. For the sake of time, I'll list a handful here...
Jamie Cullum, John Mayer, Howie Day, Norah Jones, D'Angelo, Keith Urban, Ryan Adams, Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Do you have a message to all of your fans, as well as the David Archuleta fans who you‘ll be seeing on tour?
My fans are the reason I can play music for a living. They've been so supportive from day one. I'm so excited to meet everyone on tour this December as David's fans are so passionate about music. I'll be doing meet and greets in every city so if you're at a show, make sure you come say hello afterwards!

Thanks again Jeff for the great interview! I look forward to seeing you next Friday at David Archuleta's show in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment