Tuesday, December 20, 2011

David Archuleta announces plans to serve LDS Mission

At his My Kind of Christmas concert in his hometown of Salt Lake City, David Archuleta announced to his home that he plans to serve a two-year LDS Mission next year. The teary-eyed singer says, "It's not because someone told me that I was supposed to do it and not because I no longer want to do music anymore, but it's because it's the feeling that I felt I need to do next in my life." David goes on, "I've learned to trust that feeling, and I've learned to answer when it calls."

As for David's fans, as you'll see in the video, they seem to be nothing but supportive of David's decision, tweeting him lots of love and congrats. David's following his heart, it's inspirational, and I know he'll be great. Sources say that though David will be be taking this time off, he definitely plans on continuing music afterward, and that he still has some things in store before he leaves.

You can watch the video of David's announcement below:

No comments:

Post a Comment