Friday, December 30, 2011

Kelly Clarkson's album sales go up after Ron Paul controversy

Yesterday, Kelly Clarkson innocently posted her opinion of political figure Ron Paul on twitter, saying, "I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t."

That one tweet got Kelly a lot of hate on twitter, at which Kelly shot back at a few hateful tweets, then later posted this response, "I am really sorry if I have offended anyone. Obviously that was not my intent. I do not 
support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women’s rights, men’s rights, white/black/purple/orange rights. I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all of the Republican nominees, he’s my favorite."


Today, upon the controversy going down, Kelly's album sales are going up! What was #41 jumped to #13 on Amazon's Movers and Shakers, Kelly's latest album Stronger has just climbed to #2 on the Best Sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment