Thursday, January 5, 2012

Album Review: David Hernandez - I Am Who I Am

It's been four years since American Idol Season 7, and I am very excited for this new release from Top 12 contestant David Hernandez. David had a great run on American Idol, and was, in my opinion, one of the best singers that season who left too soon. But now David is back and better than ever with his debut EP I Am Who I Am. This pop/R&B EP showcases David's stunning vocals, as his voice soars through these new, original songs, seven of which David penned himself. The first half of the EP has the same longing theme and R&B feel, something David has been best at since his days on Idol. While the last half has a more fun, pop vibe to them, especially the cute "She's Come Undone."

My favorite song would have to be the title track "I Am Who I Am," where David describes why he is who he is. The honest lyrics and emotion in Henrandez's voice makes the song even more inspiring.

This EP is exactly everything I love about David, it is who he is! The only bad thing is that it's only eight songs! But not to worry, because this new EP is only a preview of David's music while he works on his full album, currently in the works, and I definitely look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment