Monday, February 6, 2012

Interview with Cady Groves

Cady Groves got her big break when she was signed by RCA Records and toured with numerous artists on the Bamboozle Road Show. After months in the studio recording new music, Cady is about to release her debut EP This Little Girl on Tuesday, just a week before she heads off on tour opening for Hot Chelle Rae on their Beautiful Freaks Tour. I got the chance to ask an excited and inspirational Cady a little bit about her new music and touring with HCR.

1. You're about to release your first EP This Little Girl, how excited are you?

Heck yes I am excited!!! All I do is whine about wantin' to release new music!!!

2. Is there a theme to this new EP?
A prequel to my album. A crazy girl who thinks with all her heart and a piece of her mind.

3. What inspires you to write a song?
People hurt you and you hurt people. We love hard and live harder.


4. Do you have a favorite song from your new EP?
Well the one that is going to throw people completely for a loop. It's called "Ugly" and it is such a punk rock nugget anthem!!

5. Starting later next month you'll be touring with your label mates Hot Chelle Rae, are you excited?
Duh!!! Those are my boys!! So much love for 'em...

6. I bet you and Hot Chelle Rae would make a good collaboration, any chance of a duet while on tour?
I guess we will have to see!!!

7. What do you think of the fan reaction so far? Did you expect any of this?
I hoped for this my whole life. Not the "coolness" factor - cause I could care less about that. But being a voice for people.. so cool.

8. What's on the pipeline for you? Is there a full length album in the works?
It's done and coming super soon!!!

9. Where can people keep up with you? Website, Twitter, Facebook?
My twitter is ridiculously inappropriate. It's @cadygroves ..but don't say I never warned ya..

10. Do you have a message for all of your fans and supporters?
Please don't try to be anything but what you actually are. Don't take a single second for granted. Take your hits. Try not to hurt people if you can help it. And hey.. make a story of your life. Write things down.

Thanks to Cady for the great interview, looking forward to the new music, and be sure to catch her on tour for the next few months with Hot Chelle Rae!

No comments:

Post a Comment