Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston dies at 48


It was confirmed last night that Whitney Houston had passed away at the age of 48. The cause is still unknown at this time.

Whitney was slated to perform at the Grammy Awards tonight, but Jennifer Hudson and Chaka Kan will be performing a tribute to the singer.

The news spread fast on twitter when 'R.I.P. Whitney Houston' became a worldwide trending topic, which is still at the #1 spot this afternoon. Numerous celebrities took to the social media site to tweet their shock and condolences. Clay Aiken tweets, "RIP Whitney Houston. The soundtrack of so many lives. I’m sure Heaven reverberates 2nite with the sound of ur voice. It always was angelic."



"When CD’s first came out, my brother bought Whitneys’ “I’m Your Baby Tonight” album. Very vivid memories. It was one of the first CDs that ever graced our household." shares Chris Daughtry.

"I’m speechless. Such sad news about Whitney Houston.." tweets Lea Michelle while Katherine McPhee says, “Wow…I just heard about my idol Whitney Houston. So shocked and saddened by the news. Send prayers out to her family.”

"Oh Whitney.. Thanks for all my junior high dances... Bottom line, we lost yet another talent far before their time. And a daughter lost a mother. Sad." tweeted Bradford Anderson of Port Chuck.

"Whitney Houston you will be missed. #legend" tweeted Nick Jonas, while David Archuleta dedicated his recording session yesterday to Whitney.

Many singers refer to Whitney as their 'idol', such as Demi Lovato and Syesha Mercado. "This can't be true... One of my idols gone?? No. This is so unbelievably sad... #RIPWhitneyHouston" tweets Demi while Syesha shares, "R.I.P. To my Idol Whitney Houston. My heart hurts. You are my inspiration. We love you!"

"What is even more shocking to me regarding the death of #Whitney is that only this Wednesday she responded positively to mentoring on #Idol" tweeted Nigel Lithgoe. Houston was also set to star in the upcoming movie Sparkle, alongside American Idol winner Jordin Sparks.

The world is still shocked and saddened by this incredible loss in music and in the world. be sure to tune into the Grammy's tonight for the Whitney Houston tribute and remember the gift she gave to the music world

No comments:

Post a Comment